First off, I’m writing this the day before Thanksgiving because I’m going to be so busy tomorrow I’m sure not to get a chance. Not only is tomorrow Thanksgiving though but it’s also my 29th birthday…29….Hhhhhmmmm, such a interesting age to me. I thought by the time I reached 30 things would seem so much more different. I thought I would think of myself as an adult, others would think of me as an adult, and life would just be different. Yes, I own a home, have a steady job, married with two kids…Sounds adult enough but not what I was thinking of.
**Paper Heart Camera’s self portrait challenge: Comfort**
So I saw on a blog I read regularly a list that she complied called 30 by 30…and decided to do one of my own. Some things are petty. Actually most of them are…but coming up with 30 items isn’t the easiest of task. I plan on trying to complete all these task by the time I’m 30 so I’m giving myself 365 days…Or is next year a leap year!? Who knows. So now lets get started on this list:
1. Learn to can our garden veggies
2. Complete my first photography class
3. Find and take a trip to a Sunflower field
4. Print my first blog book
5. Print pictures that I’ve taken and we’ve decided to use as our in-home art work
6. Go on an adult only trip….Yippie, already have that scheduled for February!
7. Get a pedicure. (No, I have never had one)
8. Lose 10lbs.
9. Have a least 5 Christmas gifts bought through out the year rather than cramming in November
10. Give up my beloved Diet Mt. Dew for 30 days
11. Drink more Green Tea
12. Try a new recipe once a week for a least a month
13. Bake a cake/dessert once a month
14. Make money from a photo shoot
15. Become more comfortable in front of people while doing a photo shoot. I’ve had a couple of people ask me if I’d do one and I chicken out….
16. Have a one on one little day trip with each son.
17. Learn not to sweat the small stuff
18. Find a church
19. Take a day off from work-just for me!
20. Get a massage (and no, I’ve never had one of these either)
21. Go one whole day without looking at a clock
22. Chaperone a field trip
23. Read more books!!
24. Change my own cars oil
25. Get a physical
26. Go vegetarian for at least one week
27. Payoff Aaron’s truck
28. Take a random family day trip
29. Go visit my mom. I haven’t had the courage to visit her grave site since she passed away. Dec. 25, 2007.
30. Swap nightly roles with my husband for the night.
Nothing too huge….well at least to the eye. Some of these will take a little courage for me so we’ll see. I plan on posting this list on another tab on my home page and I’ll mark them off as I get them done.
I hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving-Give thanks for those you love!! 🙂