I think if you know me well then you know that I LOVE Christmas ornaments. In my family growing up each person always got an ornament hanging from their stocking every year. It wasn’t just any ordinary ornament but something unique and in some way or another fit each individual. That tradition made such an impression on me and I vowed to keep it going. Decorating the tree each year reminiscing over past years and then waking up on Christmas morning to see what ornaments we’ve collected the current year are one of my favorite parts of the holiday.
I stumbled upon a post today on another bloggers site where you can link up your Christmas Tree. You can choose as many ornaments as you want to show off and if I had my pick I would show them all. I finally had to limit it and choose a random 12 that mean a lot to me.
1. I love this ornament! It is so special to me. My mom and I were very close. She passed away Christmas Day 3 years ago. I had this special ornament made since she is now my guardian angel.
2. Over the years I have received a very special collection of Danbury Mint ornaments. This one is my personal favorite of the Irish Claddagh Symbol. I still wear the Irish Claddagh Ring on my right hand that Aaron bought me 6 years ago.
3. This was one of our first family ornaments. I was pregnant with Keagan-Hence the marshmallow wearing a baby shirt. 🙂
4. Keagan’s 2009 ornament. My little farmer boy. 😉
5. My ornament from Aaron….uh, I mean Santa in 2008. Apparently he thought Aaron was my frog turned into a prince….I guess I would agree.
6. No explanation needed here. How could be NOT have a GA ornament or maybe 2, 3, or 4, Georgia ornaments on our tree! Go Dawgs!
7. haha…Aaron loves this one. I would say its his personal favorite. It was given to him by my Dad. Let’s just say it may have been, could have been, a shotgun wedding… 😉
8. Everyone needs a Christmas Pickle! It’s an old german tradition and while we don’t hide the pickle on the tree we do enjoy hanging it each year.
9. This was Keagan’s art turned into an ornament. I believe this would have been 2007. I can’t wait to start collecting ornaments like this for Easton also.
10. With this being Easton’s first christmas he doesn’t have a lot on the tree…YET! I actually love his ornament Santa will bring this year though! I also love this one. This was given to him by his Pop and Lulu last year.
11. This would have been Christmas 2009 given from Santa to me…Not quite sure the meaning behind it but hey, everyone needs a beer drinking cactus on their tree!
12. King of the grill! That would be Aaron’s ornament in 2007. It was true then and it still holds true today!
I had so much fun doing this post! I could take pictures of all our ornaments and sit here and reminisce what each one is but I won’t bore all the readers. Thanks to hi, baby for posting this link up. It was a lot of fun!